As a Copywriter at Matchbox you are responsible for developing the strategic and creative copy for work both internal and external. Great copywriting is the backbone of any creative solution, and in this role you’ll have the opportunity to work on a wide breadth of projects as a key member of the creative team.
As a copywriter, you’ll be involved in Brand projects from the start, participating in Brand Strategy alongside our Strategy team, and then leveraging that strategy to create compelling creative names, headlines, taglines, and copy. Opportunities also exists for writing long form web copy, social media copy, and internal marketing and messaging. Copywriters report to the Creative Director and work directly with account managers and clients on all projects.Matchbox is heavily process-driven, and provide time and resources for deep thinking and thoughtful solutions as part of our carefully designed approach. That said, we’re also a lean and fast-paced agency. Strong candidates will be independent problem-solvers, willing to pitch-in wherever needed and able to adapt to a sometimes fast-moving process.
Who we are:
We are a multi-disciplinary creative agency driven by strategy and designed to connect. We create thoughtful communication between brands and people. We strategize, create and innovate. We are a close-knit bunch that works together as a team. We do serious work in a not-so-serious atmosphere.
We are seeking a local candidate for our Dallas office located in Deep Ellum, however we will consider strong candidates who meet all qualifications seeking to work remotely.
Ideal candidates will:
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment with a high-volume workload
- Meet the standard of creative excellence that Matchbox has established through 25-years of award winning work
- Be excited to write smart copy that connects with an audience and drives action
- Have the ability to adapt style and voice to meet the needs of a client, industry, target audience or other goal
- Stay current on the appropriate style guidelines and brand voice for consistent messaging
- Participate in Brand Discovery and collaborate with Strategy team in writing Brand Strategy Brief
- Research and understand a client’s needs and target audiences, through online searches, reviews of existing research, interviews and in-person meetings
- Write original copy and edit content for a range of marketing and communications materials
- Collaborate closely with a team of Creative Directors, Designers and Account Managers, from concept development to delivery of final product
- Present copy concepts and final deliverables to internal team — and to client representative when requested — and participate occasionally in client pitches
- Revise copy based on internal and client feedback
- Minimum three years of professional copywriting experience, with solid portfolio of work
- Exceptional writing and research skills
- Ability to work independently or with a team to meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and multitasking ability
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proofreading experience and familiarity with standard style guides
- Experience with content management systems
- Keen eye for detail and appreciation of great design
At Matchbox you’ll receive:
- A competitive salary and full benefits package
- Opportunity to make a difference within a small, close-knit team
- A fun creative environment working with a team collaborating on great work
- Opportunity to grow in a company focused on strategy
- Vacation: Matchbox has a healthy vacation policy, with employees receiving vacation days commensurate with the number of years employed. In addition to vacation days, employees have off major holidays as recognized by Matchbox, Holiday Break and Flex Fridays during the summer. These additional days constitute over two weeks of additional vacation time.
Please submit application through our online portal here: