Position: New Business Development / Sales
The Matchbox Studio is a multi-disciplinary creative design firm with a focus on branding and communication materials. We have been in business since 1994 and our clients cover a broad range of industries from real estate and high end retail to education and the arts. We are looking for someone to join our team as we grow our company! Matchbox prides itself on promoting from within and recognizing achievement. This position provides an opportunity for growth within our close-knit company as we work together to exceed our goals.
The New Business Development professional at Matchbox will join our Sales team in growing our business by identifying prospective clients and growing existing clients and leads. The sales team reports to Partnership and is supported by the partners. The Account Executive will meet and exceed all revenue goals set forth by management.
Here is what we are looking for…
- An experienced sales professional who will be responsible for selling the company’s full suite of services (brand consulting, print and interactive marketing materials, package design, etc) into assigned accounts and geographies/markets.
- Experienced prospectors who can cold call and qualify clients over the phone
- Someone who can demonstrate a history of “high activity” as the requirement for this position is to schedule 10-12 appointments a week (70% new, 30% existing opportunities)
- A strong relationship builder who is able to establish an excellent working relationship with clients and continually strives to improve that relationship and overall service provided in order to exceed the client’s expectations and drive repeat business, increasing revenue.
- Problem Resolution for larger long term clients: A problem solver who will need to proactively oversee the activities involved in quality resolution of issues; escalate to supervisor for issues that are outside of your control that could impact the services being provided.
- Up selling: Be responsible for proactive, ongoing communications with current clients in order to identify their needs on a consistent basis
- Team interfacing: A team player who can establish a good working relationship with team members at Matchbox in each department in order to maintain and strive to improve the level of overall service being provided
- 2 years of sales experience in a business to business sales environment
- Experience in a service based industry is preferred
- Ability to demonstrate a track record of meeting and exceeding revenue goals
- College degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiating and listening skills.
- Self motivated individual who can take rejection in stride
- Highly organized and able to multi-task
Please send resume to email@example.com.