Position: Junior Designer
As a designer at The Matchbox Studio you are responsible for creating the creative product that our clients require and that has given Matchbox a reputation for high quality, always fresh work. The designer is the heart of Matchbox, and is diligent in applying both creativity and strategic thought to everything he or she touches. It is a designer’s responsibility to understand the scope, goals, time lines and budgets on a given project and work within that framework to produce the highest quality product possible. Designers report to the Creative Director of the department and work directly with account managers and clients on all projects.
Matchbox is a small creative agency, so each designer works on multiple accounts and is asked to juggle many responsibilities. Folks who succeed at Matchbox are self-starters who seek opportunities to contribute rather than waiting to be told. Designers at Matchbox are given space to be creative, and in turn are expected to bring their best. You will be challenged, but you’ll have a lot of fun as a member of a tight-knit collaborative team.
- Understanding Creative Brief and working toward established goals
- Concepting, designing, and producing creative work
- Working with account mangers to work within schedules and budgets
- Production work
- Staying creative and inspired, and inspiring others
- Specifying paper and writing print specs
- Pre-Press, Press Supervision and Proofing
- 4 year college degree
- Positive Attitude, willingness to learn and be part of a dynamic and fun team
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org