Who We Are:
The Matchbox Studio is an award-winning, multi-disciplinary creative agency driven by strategy and designed to connect. We create thoughtful communication between brands and people. We strategize, create and innovate. We are a close-knit bunch that works together as a team. We do serious work in a not-so-serious atmosphere.
About the Role:
As a Mid-level Designer at The Matchbox Studio, you are responsible for developing the creative client-work that maintains the studio’s reputation for always being high-quality and fresh. The designer is the heart of Matchbox and is diligent in applying both creativity and strategic thought to everything they touch. It is the designer’s responsibility to understand the scope, goals, timelines and budgets on a given project, and work within that framework to produce the highest quality product possible. Designers report to the Creative Director of the department and work directly with account managers and clients on all projects.
Matchbox is a small creative agency, so each designer works on multiple accounts and is asked to juggle many responsibilities. Folks who succeed at Matchbox are self-starters who seek opportunities to contribute, rather than waiting to be told. Designers at Matchbox are given space to be creative, and in turn are expected to bring their best. You will be challenged, but you’ll also have a lot of fun as a member of a tight-knit collaborative team.
We are seeking a local candidate for our Dallas office located in Deep Ellum, however we will consider strong candidates who meet all qualifications seeking to work remotely.
- Understand the Creative Brief and work toward established goals
- Concept, design, and produce creative work
- Be capable of preparing files for both print and digital
- Specify paper selections and write print specs
- Be responsible for pre-press, press supervision, and proofing
- Responsible for multiple projects and—with the account team—compile presentations, ensuring all printouts and materials are complete and on time
- Work with account managers to stay within project schedules and budgets
- Stay creative and inspired, and inspire others
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- 4 year college degree
- 2+ years experience as a designer (Sorry, we will not be interviewing new or recent graduates for this position.)
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; including handling multiple projects simultaneously; meeting tight deadlines; and reacting quickly and smoothly to changes
- Demonstrated proficiency in MacOS, with expertise in Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, and InDesign. (Sketch and Figma experience would be a bonus)
- Positive attitude, willingness to learn and be part of a dynamic and fun team
At Matchbox, You’ll Receive:
- A competitive salary and full benefits package
- Opportunity to make a difference within a small, close-knit team
- A fun creative environment working with a team collaborating on great work
- Opportunity to grow in a company focused on strategy
- Vacation: Matchbox has a healthy vacation policy, with employees receiving vacation days commensurate with the number of years employed. In addition to vacation days, employees have off major holidays as recognized by Matchbox, Holiday Break and Flex Fridays during the summer. These additional days constitute over two weeks of additional vacation time.
Please submit application through our online portal:
Commercial real estate has a new home.
Matchbox real estate branding is now MBX Creative.